Get ready for the game as the Hokies host the Fighting Irish on Saturday night
Fresh out of its opening week and posting a 3-1 record, the Virginia Tech football team welcomes Notre Dame, 14th in the standings, to Blacksburg for a non-conference clash this Saturday, October 9. This must-see match kicks off at 7:30 a.m. ET under the lights of Lane Stadium.
Saturday’s competition will be broadcast on the ACC network. Full details on how to watch, listen to and follow the game can be found here.
Here are five things to know ahead of Saturday’s game between the Hokies and the Fighting Irish:
1. The game is already sold out, but fans can still get tickets. Virginia Tech’s Track and Field Department has announced that Saturday’s game is sold out on Wednesday, September 29. Fans who still need tickets should head over to StubHub, the official secondary market for Hokies tickets. All tickets purchased through StubHub are 100% verified, which means that if fans have any issues with their tickets, the Virginia Tech box office will be able to provide full customer support.
2. This is the second Stripe Lane Game, so dress accordingly. Hokie Nation never disappoints when an effects game is set for Lane Stadium. This Saturday, fans in attendance are encouraged to wear brown or orange depending on their seat location to help create a stripe effect in the outdoor bowl. All students with tickets are encouraged to wear orange. Fans can find their matching color by entering their seat location here.
3. Download mobile tickets BEFORE arriving at Lane Stadium. Ensure the smoothest entry into Lane Stadium by downloading mobile tickets in advance. Having the HokieSports app on a mobile device and being able to view tickets is not the same as having downloaded tickets to Apple Wallet or Google Pay. The HokieSports app requires internet to access a ticket account, but once tickets have been uploaded from the app to Apple Wallet or Google Pay, they live on that device. No internet connection is required to access mobile tickets once they are uploaded to Apple Wallet or Google Pay.
For fans needing last minute assistance downloading their mobile tickets, free Wi-Fi will be available in Hokie Village and at all gates (except Gate 8). Fans should look for a network called Hokies FREE Tickets to access their ticket account on their mobile device.
Visit HokieSports.com/MobileTickets for more details, including step-by-step instructions and an FAQ.
4. There will be a lot of pre-game activities before kick-off. Hokie Village will open at 4 p.m. this Saturday afternoon. Interactive activities include tailgate games and an inflatable slide, as well as food trucks and live music performed by the Jared Stout Band. The Tech softball team will also be on hand to sign autographs.
In addition to Hokie Village, fans can stop by the ACC Tailgate Tour outside the Cassell Coliseum on Beamer Way and pose for photos with an oversized championship football trophy, play lawn games like the QB soccer throw and more.
5. Some special guests will be present. In the first quarter of Saturday’s game, Tech’s wrestling team will be recognized in honor of their 2021 CCA regular season championship. The Hokies only completed the seventh unbeaten season in school history, while the 2021 season also proved to be the longest unbeaten season in school history at 9-0. , one more victory than the 8-0 season of 1954-55. Tech won seven of 10 games to win the program’s fourth ACC Dual Meet title and the eighth ACC Championship overall.